Reach One Teach One intends to create a platform to facilitate collaboration for promoting digital learning. We envisioned enabling mentors with digital resources in order to encourage learning in a comfortable environment at convenient times.
Shades of Happiness Foundation provide you an opportunity to reach out and mentor people that has just begin their journey in digital learning under our project NIRMAAN. It’s a project focused on encouraging digital learning in skill development.
We plan to facilitate learning for at least 200 persons every year through this program and involve people from all over the country, with varied backgrounds to gain from it, like people from underserved community who are struggling to meet ends despite being hardworking and eager to learn, Youth from underserved communities enrolled in Skill Development Center and educated, skilled people who want to support someone to acquire knowledge via digital learning.
The impact of the projects are :-
1. Increased digital literacy, influencing country’s progress.
2. Intervention of Digital Learning in skill building will challenge existing system, forcing them to improve.
3. Improved and efficient service quality, due to skill development.
4. Access to new avenues of information, resulting in increased knowledge levels.
Objectives of the project :-
1. To equip society with skills in Basic Computers, English & Marketing skills in order to make them Digitally literate, confident and efficient. 2. To promote collaboration of different sections of society by providing mentoring opportunities. 3. Enhancing the quality of learning through technology integration in a comfortable environment at convenient timings. 4. To promote the use of various digital devices for the purpose of self learning. 5. To provide volunteering/internship opportunities for college students & corporate employees in creating digital resources to facilitate learning. Target Beneficiaries of the project are follows:- We plan to facilitate learning for atleast 200 persons every year through this program and involve people from all over the country, with varied backgrounds to gain from it. 1. People from underserved community working in your vicinity and struggling to meet ends despite being hardworking and eager to learn. 2. Family members, neighbor or relative that have been deprived of gift of knowledge that can be accessed from digital world. 3. Youth from underserved communities enrolled in Skill Development Center. 4. Educated, skilled people who want to support someone to acquire knowledge via digital learning.
The complete project will be executed digitally and mentors will register online along with their mentee. Once registered, they will be provided with resource and guidebook to start mentoring. Resource will include curriculum, worksheets, assignment sheets etc as well links to other resources, in case you want to make the learning more extensive
In case, you want to gift a skill certificate to your mentee, you can schedule an online test too.
At the end of course, both mentor and mentee will be asked to fill a joint survey to seek their experience from the course and suggestion to improve it further.
Internal quarterly evaluation to assess the project based on the participants reviews, suggestion and success indicators.
Campus Ambassadors will be asked to promote and monitor the progress of the project at micro level. General Management associate will coordinate and monitor the overall progress. Mentors associated with digital center will coordinate with center coordinators.
d) Roles & Responsibility
i) Digital Education Associate- To identify, collect and collate course, worksheets and assignments to facilitate digital learning.
ii) General Management Associate- To coordinate and monitor the project progress along with campus ambassadors.
iii) Website Support- To facilitate the execution of project digitally
Reach One Teach One will have two sections:
A) For those who want to support but didn’t have anyone to reach out in vicinity
Shades of Happiness Foundation provide you an opportunity to reach out and mentor people that has just begin their journey in digital learning under our project NIRMAAN. It’s a project focused on encouraging digital learning in skill development. You will be required to mentor a youth enrolled there so that he can maximize his learning potential and can gain maximum benefit from the program.
Your contribution would be required in following ways
1. 2 hours per week during the duration of course.
2. Familiarity with the course curriculum, which will be a mix of Basic computer, English and Marketing, which will be shared with you along with the schedule. This will help you in mentoring and answer their queries.
3. Basic mode of communication like internet, mobile, whatsapp etc to connect with mentee.
You will be provided with complete guide to help you mentor efficiently. Moreover, you will be able to see the impact closely and hence will be able to provide suggestions for any change in future interventions, if required.
B) For those who want to support someone in particular
Most of us want to support the nation’s progress in one way or another. But for most of us, time is a major constraint. Using technology and one’s zeal to support and connecting it one’s eagerness to learn, a major impact can be created in the society. So, if you can reach out to someone and help him overcome his hesitation and introduce him to digital learning, you are creating an impact.
For any query, contact
Mayank Tyagi : firstname.lastname@example.org